Views
Helpful
Replies

2811 with ccp: discovery failed

pbwild
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a 2811 which I can reach with a normal web browser and configure with hyperterminal. I have downloaded and installed CCP 1.1 but after creating a community and adding the ip of the 2811 it is never discovered. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Peter

2 Replies 2

drolemc
Level 6
Level 6

Normally it will take time to discover. In the Community Information screen, choose the device that you want to work with, and click Discover. Depending on network conditions, Cisco CP may take several minutes to discover the device. If you want to work with additional devices in the community, choose them and click Discover. To begin configuring a discovered device, click on the row for the device, and in the left pane, click Configure then the Configure tree expanded in the left pane.

In the Configure tree choose the configuration task that you want to perform.

Thanks for your reply, I am still having no luck here. When I click on discover after having marked the 2811, the display first indicates "discovery scheduled" and then about 5 seconds later changes to "discovery failed" every time. Any other ideas what I can do to troubleshoot this?

Thanks,

Peter