cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Join in CME

bobdonnelly
Level 1
Level 1

When attempting to join two calls I get a message indicating Cannot Complete Conference. Attempts have been made to put this on the Hold softkeys and Active Call softkeys, both to no avail. Any thoughts?

3 Replies 3

Rick Arps
Level 4
Level 4

How do you have your dsp's setup in your router? A dsp chip that is doing conferencing can do only that. So if the dsp is assigned to be an mtp for hold, it probably can't be reassigned on the fly to end the mtp and merge the two calls to a conference. What sort of dsps have you got? The key is to have more than one physical chip on the pvdm you have in the router. One pvdm can have multiple chips. One chip can't do conferencing and mtp.

Hope this helps

Rick

That makes sense, Rick. There are (2) 16 channel DSP's in the box, a single PRI and (4) FXO ports. So at this point, there's no hardware conference bridge built in the box, and I don't believe one can be either given the resources on the box.

zajohnso
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I doubt that this is still a live post, but I came across it while trying to answer that question myself.

From https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/1139258 :

"Join—Joins an established call  to a conference. You must first press Select to  choose each connected call that you want to join in a conference, then  press Join to join the selected calls to the  conference."

In other words, you must hit the more soft key until it shows the "select" option, select the line you want to join then select the "join" soft key. If try to hit join before you hit select you get that error message.

Hope this helps someone.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: