Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial-Peer with no port

Hello people,

Recently, I posted a message asking if it was possible to create a dial-peer without specifying a port that works. I just created this inbound/outbound dial-peer and all my calls failed :

dial-peer voice 555774204 pots

application did_forward

incoming called-number 5557742023

destination-pattern 5557742023

direct-inward-dial

forward-digits 0

Now, if I add a port number it actually works:

application did_forward

direct-inward-dial

forward-digits 0

port 0:D

I will appreciate any help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

trunkgroups work fine. normally i used this to limit the amount of dial peers i configure. therefore, if i have 8 FXO ports, instead of creating DP for each port i create a trunk group assign the ports to the trunk group and then simply create the dial-peers and assign to the group instead of the port. its much cleaner. note that all the lines should be operational as ive noticed that if it is not you may have issues.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

slongewa
Level 1
Level 1

From the dial-peer configuration guide:

"Calls cannot be routed through a voice gateway without at least one dial-peer being assigned to a voice port. This is what tells the router what physical connections will be routing traffic through the network."

Outside of this, the dial-peer configuration guide specifies that any dial-peer using the destination-pattern command, must also specify the port.

Have you tried removing the "destination-pattern" command to see if it works? I can't think of a time that I've ever configured a POTS dial peer without a port attached to it, so I would be interested to see what happens.

There's a couple ways to check and see if your dial-peer is working.

sh dial-peer voice summ

will show you the current state of your dial-peer in both the inbound and outbound directions.

debug voip dial-peer all

will allow you to look at the debug output and see where your dial-peers are being matched (if at all.)

Any outbound dial peer must include the destination for that call; ports for POTS dial peers and session targets for VoIP dial peers. Inbound dial peers can be matched on other criteria, but the outbound must indicate the next "hop".

Thanks for your answer.

Is it a possible solution to specify a trunkgroup in the inbound/outbound dial-peer? for example:

trunkgroup 110

application did_forward

direct-inward-dial

forward-digits 0

Thanks in advance.

I was not familiar with the trunkgroup command. My experience has been to create multiple dial-peers with preference numbers to simulate a trunkgroup. However, it appears as though this command does the same thing without all the repetition. It abstracts the ports into logical trunkgroups, which would be highly desirable if you are dealing with a large number of voice ports.

trunkgroups work fine. normally i used this to limit the amount of dial peers i configure. therefore, if i have 8 FXO ports, instead of creating DP for each port i create a trunk group assign the ports to the trunk group and then simply create the dial-peers and assign to the group instead of the port. its much cleaner. note that all the lines should be operational as ive noticed that if it is not you may have issues.

Agree fully here. I've found trunkgroups to be a great timesaver!

-Steve

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: