cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Backup on LMS

sameoj1881
Level 1
Level 1

I want to know if it is possible to install LMS single server installation for the purpose of backup.

Better still how do i perform backup for LMS installation for the purpose of disaster recovery.

3 Replies 3

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

LMS has its own backup utility built in. It's under Common Services - Serer - Admin - Backup

I have a question, is it possible to a server backup on LMS4.1? As in using symantec netbackup to backup OS and app.

you can do a full backup (OS and apps) with LMS stopped and this backup can be used to do a full restore;

when you are using incremental backups with LMS running, exclude CSCOpx\databases from the backup as this data is useless for a restore (inconsistent databases). Instead, configure LMS to do scheduled backups - thus you have consistent databases and a definite state which you can be use for a restore of the LMS data. In this case you would first restore the OS and LMS and use the database backup created by LMS to restore LMS data.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: