Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade of Sofware image on Sup Eng 2

qwertys21
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Please can anyone send me the link on how to upgrade the OS on a cat 6509 with 2 x Supervisor Engine II (Active and Standby)

The one I have seen so far is that of Sup Eng 32 and the terms are completely different and the commands are not the same.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Ade,

your chassis is in Hybrid mode CatOS on sup2 OS on MSFC2 or you are in Native IOS mode ?

What are your current release(s) and your target release(s) ?

this in order to get better help

Hope to help

Giuseppe

No it is only Cisco IOS on both so it is native mode.

Upgrading of the IOS from c6sup22-psv-mz.121-19.E1a.bin to 12.2(18)SXD7b c6k222-ps-mz.12.2-18.SXD7b

Thanks

Hello Ade,

the first check are HW requirements:

Platform: CAT6000-SUP2/MSFC2

Software Feature Sets: IP LAN ONLY

Release: 12.2.18-SXD7b ( - )

Click a link to change a selection

File Download Information

File name Min. Memory

(MB) Min. Flash

(MB) Date Released

c6k222-ps-mz.122-18.SXD7b.bin 256 64 13-DEC-2006

you need a 64 MB flash and at least 256 MB to be able to load the new image.

Size 26499180 bytes

Another important point I remember is the need for the correct bootloader on the MSFC2 flash.

You may need to update the bootloader in order to be able to run the new ios image.

So also the size of the MSFC2 internal flash matters.

I'm looking inside the end of sale products because sup2/MSFC2 are not sold anymore.

The best practice is to keep the main software image in slot0 and the boot loader image in the MSFC bootflash. Verify whether you have enough space available in the slot0 and MSFC bootflash in order to copy the new image from the TFTP server. You can check the size of the new image on the PC to which it is downloaded

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_configuration_example09186a0080116ff0.shtml#task2

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card