Level 1

This is the error that appears when you try to add the license:

"Licence file does not match local host name(WCS != SevidorWCS)"

What could be happening?

6 Replies 6

jsivulka
Level 5
Level 5

Could you generate, a new licence file with functional licence (i think - with a name "SevidorWCS" only). I think it is

incompatibility between Cisco names and MS-Windows names of host.

edward.weir
Level 1
Level 1

If you have your serial number of the WCS you purchased, you can request a new license file from licensing@cisco.com for the hostname of the server you want to install it on.

scottwilliamson
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

I had a similar sounding problem and it was down to an error on my part - when I registered the license on the website I entered "servername" but when I built the server using the install discs I entered "servername.ourcompany.co.uk" and of course the server names didn't match. I spoke to our vendor who got in touch with Cisco who supplied a license file wiith the correct name.

Hope this helps,

Scott

Do not use the fully qualified domain host name on your server and then ask for the simple host name on the license. It is a common mistake. The two must match identically.

I believe case sensitive also.

Hostname is not case sensitive. Please issue the command 'hostname' on your WCS server. The output of this command needs to exactly match the one in the license file. If it doesn't you need to get your license rehosted. Please open a Cisco TAC case for this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: