cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2651XM router

chambersde
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2651XM router that hangs up in hyper terminal.

All I get is System botstrap, Version 12.2 (8r)[cmong 8r], RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1) Copyright (c) by cisco Systems, Inc.

Warning: monitor nvram area is corrupt ...using default values environment write to NVRAM failed

C2600 platform with 131072 kbytes of main memory

rommon 1 > with a flashing carrot but I can not enter anything. What can I do?

3 Replies 3

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Donald,

a link to rommonitor

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/2600/hardware/installation/guide/2600appB.html

verify with another device cable and console settings to see if you can get a working console connection

not sure it is correct but in hw installation guide console parameters are two stop bits

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps259/products_installation_guide_chapter09186a008007e1f8.html#xtocid11

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Giuseppe,

I tried all that you suggested. I then looked inside and found a chip on the mother board not fully seated.

I reseated it with the same results. I then pulled that chip (U25) and the router boots somewhat but still does not let enter anything in the hyper terminal window. I'll attach the boot up results.

Hello Donald,

try to stop the router in rommon at startup pressing the break (how to simulate the break key can be found on CCO).

the problem is still a faulty NVRAM.

Verify if stopped in rommon you can enter commands on the console connection.

If even this doesn't work and your router has a valid service contract do an RMA request to have it changed with another one.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco