cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 5.0 dial-out to PSTN from Call Handler

tracylingwood
Level 5
Level 5

In prior versions when necessary to dial-out to PSTN from call handler we used to set blank greeting and then set after greeting action to attempt transfer which allowed PSTN number to be entered into transfer to box. This option does not seem to be available any longer in 5.x. How would I now accomplish this process.

6 Replies 6

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

You would create a second call handler (we will call it ch_transfer.

after greeting action in ch_1 as you said would be attempt transfer to ch_transfer

ch_transfer call transfer page would be "yes, ring this extension." and that is where you enter the number.

Unity ports need to be able to dial that number remember. Unity - call tranfer rules and ccm.

Hope this helps.

rlp

thanks for your response - it did not appear however that the ring this extension box was applicable in that the PSTN # is not an extension. Have you succussfully implemented this? - thx

yes, Unity has always been this way. you can enter any dialable number there.

Transfer Incoming Calls

Select one of the following settings:

No (Send Directly)-Cisco Unity transfers the call to the call handler greeting.

Yes, Ring the Recipient-Cisco Unity transfers calls to the extension assigned to the message recipient. Cisco Unity displays the name and extension in the adjacent box. The message recipient is set on the Messages page of the call handler.

Yes, Ring Subscriber-Cisco Unity transfers calls to the number entered in the adjacent box. The number can be an extension or any phone number. Use digits 0 through 9, *, and #. You can also enter , (comma) to insert a one-second pause. When a SIP phone system is integrated with Cisco Unity and the transfer type is Release to Switch, using a comma to insert a pause will not work.

Default: No (Send Directly).

Randy

k thanks Randy - Prior we used to use a blank greeting and then after greeting action set to attempt to transfer - then we would enter the PSTN number. If I understand what you are saying - set the transfer to option on the transfer page of the second call handler to "ring subscriber" and then enter the number there. I thought that I tried that with no abilty to enter the PSTN number being available.

on the 2nd ch you can add any dialable number from a Unity port.

This is strait from the Unity help.

Yes, Ring Subscriber-Cisco Unity transfers calls to the number entered in the adjacent box. The number can be an extension or any phone number. Use digits 0 through 9, *, and #. You can also enter , (comma) to insert a one-second pause. When a SIP phone system is integrated with Cisco Unity and the transfer type is Release to Switch, using a comma to insert a pause will not work.

hope this works for you

Randy

For my information when setting this up, does it make a difference when using "transfer rule applies to" standard or when using "transfer rule applies to" alternate?

Or should it produce the same results regardless of choice?

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: