Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS 4.1, WAE and License

Hi,

I know that one of you knows how to help me. I'm planning a WAAS 4.1 instalation. I thought in a WAE-674 to optimize the WAN's traffic. this WAE will be a central point to receive all optimized traffic. In all my WANs links will be deployed a WAE-674 running WAAS 4.1. The questions are:

1. To provide all optimization services LZ, TFO, DRE, CIFS, HTTP, E-mail, etc; Must the Central Manager have an enterprise license and may the WAAS appliance have the transport licence only?

2 About the Central Manager; Can it have minor hardware characteristics that the WAAS (WAE-674) appliance deployed in the WAN?.

Tks.

DT.

4 Replies 4

Zach Seils
Level 7
Level 7

DT. Here are the answers to your questions:

1. The Enterprise license is required for the CM. In addition, you will need the Enterprise license for each AA to support all of the features you have listed. The transport license only includes TFO+DRE+LZ.

2. The CM does not need to be the same hardware as the accelerators. The CM is sized based on the number of devices it will manage. How large is your WAAS deployment?

Zach

Hi Zach!, Thank you for your information.

About the devices, The solution is composed by ten remote sites.

According with the official information, the license activates full features in WAAS, but it doesn't speak about the number of devices.

But, is the license limited by a devices numbers?.

Best regards.

DT.

The WAVE-274 can manage up to 125 devices when configured as a CM.

Zach

Hi Zach,

Thank you for your help, this information is very util for me.

Best regards,

DT

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: