Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Broken "Now Available! CiscoWorks LMS 3.1 With HUM 1.1"

On my Dec update installation when I click the upgrade link I get taken to someplace that looks broken...

https://cisco.mediuscorp.com/market/networkers/listSubCat.se.work?/nxt/pids/=,17388,17389

Is it just me? How can I upgrade to 3.1 ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, you can have an existing licensed LMS 3.0.1 installation and use the eval v

ersion of LMS 3.1 to upgrade this to a full licensed and supported LMS 3.1 versi

on. If you do not have a valid HUM license then you just need to deselect the HU

M Module during installation.

You also can use the eval LMS 3.1 version and do a fresh installation and use yo

ur existing LMS 3.0 license during installation to have a full licensed and supp

orted LMS 3.1 installation (you also can do the licensing after installing LMS 3

.1 as an eval).

So you do not need to generate a new license file on CCO or wait for any email.

The traditional way would be to go to www.cisco.com/upgrade enter your Service C

ontract # and order the free DVD media (if you have a valid service contract) an

d which usually take 2-3 weeks to arrive. According to JClarke these files are t

he same bits as shipped on DVD.

If you need to do the update now, you can download the eval (> 1GB) and order th

e DVD anyway.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Martin Ermel
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can download the LMS 3.1 eval version form:

https://cisco.mediuscorp.com/market/networkers/listSubCat.se.work?TRGT=8&/nxt/rcrs/=1126

and use this eval version to update your current LMS 3.0x version. (you need a valid LMS 3.0x license)

If you have your LMS SAS contract # you also have the possibility to order the LMS3.1 DVD media through

www.cisco.com/upgrade

Thanks for your reply. to get this straight...

So I can start with my LMS 3.01 (licensed) and install this LMS 3.1 eval over the top and it will automatically become a fully functioning proper 3.1 installation?

As I need to plan this for minimal downtime is there any requirement for generating new keys from my PAK or waiting for emails from CCO etc.

Is this the correct/"normal" way to upgrade to 3.1?

Thanks for your assistance

Yes, you can have an existing licensed LMS 3.0.1 installation and use the eval v

ersion of LMS 3.1 to upgrade this to a full licensed and supported LMS 3.1 versi

on. If you do not have a valid HUM license then you just need to deselect the HU

M Module during installation.

You also can use the eval LMS 3.1 version and do a fresh installation and use yo

ur existing LMS 3.0 license during installation to have a full licensed and supp

orted LMS 3.1 installation (you also can do the licensing after installing LMS 3

.1 as an eval).

So you do not need to generate a new license file on CCO or wait for any email.

The traditional way would be to go to www.cisco.com/upgrade enter your Service C

ontract # and order the free DVD media (if you have a valid service contract) an

d which usually take 2-3 weeks to arrive. According to JClarke these files are t

he same bits as shipped on DVD.

If you need to do the update now, you can download the eval (> 1GB) and order th

e DVD anyway.

Is there a Solaris version available?

Yes, you can download it from

www.cisco.com/go/nmsevals

(I have got the feeling the link I mentioned in my first post does not work either)

You need a CCO Login for the above link, then click on 'Network Management Evaluation Products' in the box at the top.

You can place an order free of charge to get the eval version

OK, thanks for the quality info

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: