cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"KeyItem" XML element on firmware 8.3.5/8.4.1

jabh01
Level 1
Level 1

The Phone Services XML schema for CCM 7.0 lists an XML element called "KeyItem". It looks like these work like "SoftKeyItem" but allow you to bind a URI to a physical button on the keypad, or a navigation button.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/all_models/xsi/7_0/english/programming/guide/xsi70sch.html

These elements aren't mentioned in the main documentation. I've tested them on a 7961 with firmwares 8.3.5 and 8.4.1, and the elements are accepted (no XML Parser Error) but they don't seem to do anything.

Does anyone know anything about these elements? Can they be used? Are they only supported on some models, or are they not supported at all?

2 Replies 2

jabh01
Level 1
Level 1

My mistake, it looks like that w/ FW 8.4.1 at least some of the KeyItems (keypad, not navigation) work on a 7961.

The maximum number of items you can have seems to suggest though that it should be usable for keys other than those on the keypad - since it's not documented this may be a feature that may or may not become officially supported some time in the future.

If you have a developer support contract, I'd love to hear what they have to say if you ask why it works on some keys and not others.. if it'll be "you're not supposed to use it" or if it's "it's a bug" (unfortunately the latter has happened quite often with the new features they've introduced).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: