Views
Helpful
Replies

Going to the next message in Cisco Unity marks the first message as new

araffill
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We have recently migrated to Unity 5.0(2) in voicemail only configuration on exchange.

We have configured email notification for voice mails.

We have configured "standard conversation" for all users.

When a user has more than 1 new message, when they press 16 to go to the next message after listening to the first message, the first message is still marked new and the worst part is that they are getting email notification again for the first message.

I found that one way to fix this issue is put users in "Optional Conversation1". But we dont want to use this as we think our users will not be happy with the optional conversation style. Is there any other way to go to the next message without marking the first message as new?

Also, In our old voicemail system, the calls automatically goes to the second new message after the first new message is played.

Is there a way to replicate the behaviour of our old voice mail system on Unity?

Appreciate your help very much.

Many Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In the Standard Conversation, pressing 2 will take you to the next message and mark the current message as saved (read).

Brandon

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In the Standard Conversation, pressing 2 will take you to the next message and mark the current message as saved (read).

Brandon

Hi Brandon,

Thanks a lot. I was under the impression that "2" only saves the message. I will include this note in our user guide for unity.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: