cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst Blade Swtich 3020 for HP

dhui02
Level 1
Level 1

Any idea whether the internal Gigabit Ethernet ports support speed autonegotation?

7 Replies 7

francisco_1
Level 7
Level 7

yes they do support it. both speed auto/nonegotiate as well.

Francisco

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Don't believe so , believe they are all gig speed internally . The uplinks are configurable.

cbs3020#conf t

Enter configuration commands, one per line. End with CNTL/Z.

cbs3020(config)#int Gi0/2

cbs3020(config-if)#spe

cbs3020(config-if)#speed ?

1000 Force 1000 Mbps operation

auto Enable AUTO speed configuration

nonegotiate Do not negotiate speed

Port Name Status Vlan Duplex Speed Type

Gi0/2 connected 1 full auto 1000BaseX

1-16 are not speed configurable even if the commands are there , right out of the iegsm config guide.

Switch ports 1 to 14 are internal 1000 Mbps connections to the other blades in the BladeCenter.

These ports operate at 1000 Mbps in full-duplex mode.

Switch ports 15 and 16 are internal 100 Mbps connections to the Management Module. These ports

operate at 100 Mbps in full-duplex mode.

Note You cannot change the speed and duplex settings on the internal ports 1 to 16.

Switch ports 17 to 20 are for connections to external devices such as other switches. Depending on

the switch model, you can change the speed and duplex settings on the external ports 17 to 20.

dude, i have both the p/c class hp blade switches and i can either setup the speed/duplex to auto or static without any issues. Most of my servers are using speed auto.

Francisco

Dude then either you or cisco's docs are incorrect...

dont always believe what you see on the cisco docs. you have to try it yourself.

if you want i can send you print screen as a proof.

Francisco.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card