Replies

SoftKey Template Customization

ashraf1891
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Every buddy

I have CME and 7960 IP Phones

i have two diffrent lines in one phone

consider it 4000 is the first line and 4001 is the second line.

i need to hide the softkey template when i select the second line (4001)

in other words when i select the second line (4001) to make a call or to answer to call the softkey template should disapear.

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

unfortunately softkey templates are applied to the phone and not to lines, all lines on the phone will have the same softkey template

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi

that what i thought also

but this is CCIE question they was asking to hide the softkey for the second line in CME.

another thing i saw a question in this forums for one guy who is asking to restore his hided softkey in the second line for 7960 but it was in CCM not CME.

and the solution for that was to enable the autoline selection under the phone configuration in CCM which it was disable and he told that this had solved his issue.

you can review this post

thanks

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ashraf,

As nicely noted by my friend Java, Softkey Templates are applied at the Device level and cannot be setup "per line". In the example thread, the setting "Auto Line Select" changes the behaviour of the phone when an Incoming call arrives on Line 2 when Line 1 is already in use.

With "Auto Line Select" Enabled, the focus of the phone display switches to the new call and along with it the Softkeys change to the "Ringing" call state.

If "Auto Line Select" is disabled, the focus of the phone display stays on the Line 1 "Connected" call state.

This change in behaviour is not using different Softkey Templates, it just changes how the IP Phone acts when secondary calls arrive :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob

actualy i test what you said and i agree with you its just like what you have say.

and i agree that softkey is device level so it will be applied to all lines in the phone

but i am asking in the case of CME is there is any way to do that.coz one friend told that he got this question in his CCIE exam.

anyways he may forget the correct question

thanks guys.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: