Views
Helpful
Replies

Help upgrading the ACE 3(0)A1(3)version to any A1 train release

nehakulsum
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I would like to know where on cisco website i can find the procedure for upgrading the version ACE 3(0)A1(3) to the latest A1 train release i.e A1(6.2 or 6.3) i tried searching it but found this and no aware there is mentioned of upgrading from A1(3) to any other firmware.

Also this software is no longer avaialable.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/interfaces_modules/services_modules/ace/v3.00_A1/release/note/RACE30X.html#wp355341

Any help would be appriciated. Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

I don't see why a direct upgrade wouldn't work, but I know that an upgrade from 6.1 to the 2.1 track does work (having done it myself). I don't remember seeing any caveats about a direct upgrade.

HTH

Cathy

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

ciscocsoc
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

The A1 train documentation was released for A1(2) and the process for upgrading documented in the Administration Guide Appendix A is correct. See http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/interfaces_modules/services_modules/ace/v3.00_A1/configuration/administration/guide/upgrade.html

I used the procedure to upgrade from A1(4a) without problems.

HTH

Cathy

Hello Cathy,

Thanks for the information. So i can go ahead and upgrade it to first A1(6.3) and then to A2(1.0) am i right????

And i will follow the procedure of upgrading mentinoed in the doc.

Let me know am i on a right track. Or Can i directly upgrade it to A2(1.0) from 3(0)A1(3)???

Thanks in advance

Hello,

I don't see why a direct upgrade wouldn't work, but I know that an upgrade from 6.1 to the 2.1 track does work (having done it myself). I don't remember seeing any caveats about a direct upgrade.

HTH

Cathy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: