cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Contain 2nd WLAN to specific AP's

eoinwhite
Level 1
Level 1

Currently I'm running a WLC 4402 with 1 WLAN. This WLAN is using 802.1X security.

I need to deploy a second WLAN for barcode scanners that only support WEP keys.

Is it possible to broadcast this 2nd WLAN only on specific AP's but also broadcast the original WLAN on all AP's.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes... you need to configure wlan override. Here is a link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/4.0/configuration/guide/c40wlan.html#wp1114777

this should do the trick.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes... you need to configure wlan override. Here is a link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/4.0/configuration/guide/c40wlan.html#wp1114777

this should do the trick.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

jeff.kish
Level 7
Level 7

Yep, this is easy to do for small numbers, but it's a lot of work for large numbers of APs. Hopefully you don't have too many :D

In the controller GUI, go to the Wireless tab. Then, on the left, click Access Points -> Radios -> 802.11b/g/n (or 802.11a/n). This will give you a page of individual radios on all your access points. Find the one you want and use the hover-button on the right to configure it.

On the next screen you'll see "WLAN Override". Enable this and you'll see a list of SSIDs appear. Click the ones you want broadcasting on that AP.

You'll need to do this for any access point that you want to restrict WLANs on. Any access point that will run all SSIDs does not need this configuration. Unfortunately, if you want one SSID on one access point, and one SSID on the rest, you'll need to do this on each AP, which is a bother.

EDIT: Fella beat me to it :)

Thanks guys ... its only a few AP's in a warehouse.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: