cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP on CME 4.0

sheerazkhatri
Level 1
Level 1

I just want to know that 3900 series SIP phones are supported on CME 4.0 or not ? I searched on the following site

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/requirements/guide/cme40spc.html

and it doesnt mention anything about 3900 series ? Furthermore, can I use any third party SIP softphone with CME 4.0 or not ? I tried with xlite but registration is failing. Any guidance please.

Sheeraz

5 Replies 5

i am also stuck in the same situation.. my customer has CME 4.0.0 and want SIP 3911 phone, but i didnt find any firmware of 3911 for CME 4.0.0 .... for CME 4.2 firmware is available !!!im planning to upgrade the CME from 4.0 to 4.2 ...

sheeraz if you have got some solution with CME4.0 then please share it ..

tHanks

I can find anything... You are right .... I have to upgrade from CME 4.0.....

Sheeraz

I got a device pack for CME 4.0 Sip phones. The file name is cme-sip-4.0.0.0 and its available for download through CCO... Its available on the old download site only... I didnt check that site earlier on. It contains sip firmwares for CME 4.0 for ATA, 7905, 7912

and 3900 series phone... Download the try them out ... Let me know if it works.. I am trying as well...

Sheeraz

thanks for informing .... but sheeraz i have IOS version 12.4(9)T and the file which you are talking about that one is for IOS 12.4(4)XC ... should i use it for my IOS or i will need to change my IOS .... if you have tried then can you please share your experience .....

Thanks in advance

Regards

hi sheeraz !! any update bro !!!! i am waiting for your reply !!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: