cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco WLSE 1130 won't power on.

Jon.Scheler
Level 1
Level 1

I have a WLSE 1130 that the previous admin had just sitting on a shelf not being used, in fact, I don't think it's ever been used. I had powered it on to give it a basic config, IP, ect. and I issued the shutdown command and powered it off. Now, when I plug AC back into it, it won't power on. The power supply fan kicks on and the power LED blinks at about 2 second intervals. Is it in a security mode or did I power it down wrong? Any help would be great. Thanks!

4 Replies 4

carenas123
Level 5
Level 5

While connecting the power make sure that the equipment must be grounded. Never defeat the ground conductor or operate the equipment in the absence of a suitably installed ground conductor. Contact the appropriate electrical inspection authority or an electrician if you are uncertain that suitable grounding is available.

For the further description following LED indication and guide will help you

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/wlse/2.13/1130_19/installation/guide/1130over.html#wp1034993

Yeah, I've checked out the user guide and explicity that section. It doesn't state what a intermittent blinking power LED states. There is no ground issue on this particular device. I'm leaning towards the fact that it may be "disabled" as is stated in the manual when it is powered down incorrectly (although, I did exactly as the manual said to power it down).

Is yours an 1130-19 or 1133? If so I would suggest that you might consider a conversion to WCS and begin to look at LWAPP/CAP-WAP as a long term solution. You will find a lot of features that will make life easier in a deployment where limited manpower assests are available.

I have been checking int the WCS system and LWAPP protocol; at this moment in time it's not a viable option financially. I am still unable to get this WLSE to power on. By the way, it's and 1130-19. Any help as to what the problem might be would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card