cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MPE Desktop Shareing

duda
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 25 seat MPE system in place and I am trying to get the desktop sharing to work. I have installed the plug-in, but i am not getting the sharing pod. When I left click my name, I get the option to share, but i am unable to. There are no options in the Window or Application boxes, and when I click to share desktop, I get nothing. Is there another license for this? Is there a service that I need to start on the server?

2 Replies 2

ivillegas
Level 6
Level 6

If you are using Mac OS 9.2 sharing a screen from Mac OS 9.2 is not available. Otherwise it requires installing a package to get sharing support.

What version of flash do you have installed? There is a known bug that it does not work with flash 10.x. However there is a hotfix for it, which I have just deployed and so far so good.

Here is the info from the bug toolkit.

CSCsv31317 Bug Details

Can't join meetings when Adobe Flash 10 is installed

Symptom:

Cisco MeetingPlace Express Web Meetingroom failed to load with error message : "you must use flash player version 6 or above". This occurs with the Cisco Presenter add-in or without the add-in

This impacts all versions of MeetingPlace Express product.

Conditions:

Flash player 10 installed on the client computer

Cisco MeetingPlace Expess v2.0.3.35, v2.0.2.126

Workaround:

The upcoming MeetingPlace Express v2.1 release will provide full support for Flash player v10.

In the meantime, there are two workaround methods, depending on the customer's preference:

A. Apply a hotfix sctipt to the MeetingPlace Express server. Please contact Cisco TAC to obtain the hotfix.

B. Uninistall Adobe Flash Player v10 from client computer, and install Flash Player v9.x

--

A. To Apply the MPE Hotfix:

----- upload and unzip the hotfix files ----

Prepare by placing the hotfix file named breezehotfix-newplayer.zip on a ftp server, and then transfer the file to the MeetingPlace Express server.

Example steps:

1) ssh to MPE server as mpxadmin, then type 'su' to login as root user

2) cd /partB

3) ftp

4) bin (to set binary transfer mode)

5) get breezehotfix-newplayer.zip

6) bye (to logout of ftp server)

7) type 'unzip breezehotfix-newplayer.zip' (without quotes)

----- run the installfix.sh ---

1) make sure you are logged in as the root user

2) cd /partB/breezehotfix-newplayer

3) type './installfix.sh'

4) type 'mpx_sys restart' to restart MeetingPlace Express

--

B. To uninstall flash player 10 and reinstall the latest flash player 9.0.124 from the Adobe web site by following these steps:

1. Get the version of the FlashPlayer you already have installed on your client machine by following this technote; http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_15507

2. If you are running FlashPlayer 10 or higher continue with this procedure, otherwise you can stop here, you do *not* need to proceed.

3. Download the FlashPlayer 9 archive zip file that contains the Flash Player 9.0.124 among the other versions (the version 9.0.124 is located in the 9r124 subfolder): http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/installers/archive/fp9_archive.zip

4. Un-install the existing FlashPlayer by following this technote: http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_14157

5. Reboot the client machine Operating System

6. Install FlashPlayer 9.0.124 by running one of the following files depending on the Operating System and Browser you are using;

Windows 9x/ME/NT/2000/XP

- Internet Explorer: flashplayer9r124_winax.exe

- Netscape & Firefox: flashplayer9r124_win.exe

Mac OS PowerPC

- flashplayer9r124_mac.dmg

Mac OS Intel

- flashplayer9r124_ub_mac.dmg.zip

Solaris

- flashplayer9r124_solaris_x86.tar.bz2 (for Intel x86 based client machines)

- flashplayer9r124_solaris_sparc.tar.bz2 (for Sparc based client machines)

7. (optional) Check that you have FlashPlayer 9.0.124 installed by following this technote : http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_15507

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: