Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade Issue w/ a DevPack

Upgrading a CM cluster to 6.1(2). I completed the publisher and added the latest DevPack. When adding the subscriber it indicated the version of the pub didn't match ... apparently the DevPack causes this. So I'm wondering what my options are:

Can I simply install the subscriber, but choose the option to "add a service pack as part of the upgrade" then be able to sync up with the pub?

Or can I/do I have to uninstall the DevPack?

Or even worse ... is this not supported, will I have to reinstall the pub, and not install the DevPack before adding the sub?

Thanks in advance.

Brian

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

in all installations you're supposed to install the CUCM in all servers, then SRs (in 6.x possibly during the initial install) and at last any devpacks, language packs, locales, dial plans, etc.

not sure if the devpack caused was installed in the inactive partition so you can rollback to the original install and then try installing the sub. if not, bad news are you'll have to reinstall the server and wait until all servers are installed to apply the items i mentioned.

also the option is to install SRs or ES during fresh installs, not DevPacks

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I knew the restriction with SRs, but not DevPacks. You don't appear to have a choice applying a DevPack to the inactive partition ... it applied it to the active.

Per TAC, the DevPack should be treated as a SP and can be applied as part of the installation. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: