cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ICMDBA Estimate Tool

john.miccio
Level 1
Level 1

I am working on a new UCCE Installation version 7.2.4. I have been messing around with the ICMDBA Estimate tool and have a question.

The ICM Administration Guide for ICM has a screen shot of the tool that includes fields for Calls Routed and Call Terminated however I don't have those fields in front of me right now. Am I missing something?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hey Miccio, long time no talk,

The screenshot from the Cisco document is from an older version of ICM, but the data is basically still there in the new icmdba. Notice that in the new icmdba there is a "records per day" field for the route call detail and termination call detail checkboxes, this is where the "calls routed daily" and "calls terminated daily" fields went.

"Calls Routed Daily" is now the "records per day" field after the Route Call Detail checkbox. "Calls Terminated Daily" generally translates to the "records per day" field after the termination call detail checkbox, but not exactly. A single terminated call can generate multiple tcd records. As a rule of thumb I would multiply your rcd number by 3 to get records per day for termination call detail. Good luck.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Riccardo Bua
Level 5
Level 5

Hi John,

for a Lab you could trim down the estimate numbers by 50% to preserve disk space and lower the DB usage, you do not really need to store much data.

Regards,

Riccardo

PS. You should use 7.2.6 always be on the latest train for a Lab

Riccardo,

Thank you so much for your quick response! This is actually not for a lab but for a production environment. I need to come up with some estimations in order to help the customer determine how much storage space they will need. In working with the ICMDBA tool I have not been able to find the fields for Calls Routed and Calls Terminated. I went to my client and got an average number of Calls that they handle per day and would like to include this number as part of the estimation however there is no field to enter this number and according to the Cisco Guide I am looking at there should be. I can include a screen shot if this helps to clarify the issue. Again, thank you for your help. It is very much appreciated.

John

In the first tab you have a Call and Event Data. The first to check boxes are your RCD and TCD estimate numbers.

david

David,

Thanks for your help here. I took some screen shots and attached them here so you can see the problem that I'm having. It looks like both the screen shot from the Cisco Document and my ICMDBA have the check boxes for RCD and TCD however only the document screen shot has fields for Calls Routed and Calls Terminated. I am curious to know why I don't have those fields when I run ICMDBA on my machine. Thanks for all your help.

John

Hey Miccio, long time no talk,

The screenshot from the Cisco document is from an older version of ICM, but the data is basically still there in the new icmdba. Notice that in the new icmdba there is a "records per day" field for the route call detail and termination call detail checkboxes, this is where the "calls routed daily" and "calls terminated daily" fields went.

"Calls Routed Daily" is now the "records per day" field after the Route Call Detail checkbox. "Calls Terminated Daily" generally translates to the "records per day" field after the termination call detail checkbox, but not exactly. A single terminated call can generate multiple tcd records. As a rule of thumb I would multiply your rcd number by 3 to get records per day for termination call detail. Good luck.

ED!!! Awesome to hear from you. Thanks for the help. Shoot me an email at john.miccio@gmail.com when you get a chance. Would be great to catch up.

Hi John, first try to negotiate with customer with how long your system will keep historical data, you should have a proper backup plan accordingly. It will help you estimating the db size.

My HDS db size is 46GB with historical data for 6 months, daily average calls like 15,000. It will help you estimating i think.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: