cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CVP Error

wasiimcisco
Level 1
Level 1

I am having problem in CVP whenver users try to reach the agent by dialing 33333).

Call drops after playing error message.

I dont have any gateway, This is my lab setup, I am using CVP as voice gateway in callmanger.

Please see the attachement for log

14 Replies 14

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Please attach your GW configuration, also describe your confuration, application versions.

Chris

I dont have any gateway, this is my lab setup. I am using 7.x and CVP 3.x and CCM 4.x .

I am using CVP as gateway. My goal i want to have call on agent desktop when user on IP phone dial 33333. ICM services are up and running and CVP services also.

I am not aware of making CVP work without VXML GW, as far as I know you need the VXML GW to send the call to.

Chris

cvenour
Level 1
Level 1

As Chris noted above, you need a router to be your VXML GW, even if you don't deploy an Ingress GW.

The router is the Voice Browser, where the media is terminated for treatment. This differs from IPIVR, where the server performs the media termination role.

The CVP Call & VXML Servers interact with the VXML GW to control the call, play prompts, collect digits, run apps, etc. Without a VXML GW, CVP won't actually work.

C.

You are getting error at ICM Router for sure, what is that?

Paste is also.

Please see the attachement for ICM Router Error.

This error indicates that the call type invoked by the dialed number is not scheduled with any script, ensure that from the script editor you schedule the script for this call type.

Also, the call will hit the script fine without VXML GW, however it will never successfully connect to the VRU when you inkove the SendToVRU step in the script since you dont have VXML GW.

HTH,

Chris

Hope you have already configured Call Type and DN, and also have associated Call Type with that DN and you have already designed a script as well.

Now go to Script Editor>Script>Call Type Manager>Schedule>Add> (select a script)>Call Directory>Add>(select a DN)>OK

Then see for the Router error. HTH.

But we are still in confusion how you will treat the CVP without VXML GW and GK?

You can eliminate the need for a GK with using SIP, and configure static routes on CVP. But VXML GW is still a must.

Chris

Hi thanks, cool idea, can you please show me a path for any document for such configuration?

Okay now I have the voice gateway. It is Cisco AS5350XM.

I have add the gateway in Callmanger as H.232 gateway. Route pattern is add 33333 points towards the voice gateway.

gateway has the following configuratoin.

ip host isn-vxml 172.28.49.247

ip host media 172.28.49.247

dial-peer voice 33 voip

destination-pattern 33333

session target ipv4:172.28.49.247 (CVP IP address)

I have few questions, what to do next. CVP is also added in Callmanger as voice gateway and route pattern is xxxxx. shall i remove CVP from CM.

Whatelse needs to be configure on gateway.

Now when i m dialing 33333 from IP Phone, i m getting few second silence and then busy tone.

Please guide.

"Please guide" - well, OK.

1. Follow the links that Chris posted above.

2. Download Configuration and Administration Guide for Cisco Unified Customer Voice Portal, Release 7.0(2) (PDF - 16 MB)

3. Download Cisco Unified Customer Voice Portal (CVP) 7.x Solution Reference Network Design (SRND)

3. Go to the section in the SRND called "Calls Originated by Cisco Unified Communications Manager". Read that.

4. In the config guide, read Chapter 10. This talks about warm transfers, but there are many principles that apply to calls generated from an IP phone.

Maybe you'll have a better picture of how the call flow works and why you need a gatekeeper (or SIP).

Regards,

Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: