cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Broadcast Messages - can they be sent to Outlook like regular VM?

phretbored
Level 1
Level 1

We have a unified messaging environment with Unity and Exchange.

When I leave a Unity broadcast message every VM account is notified but it does not get delivered to Outlook like a regular VM message.

Is this because the Unity broadcast message is stored locally on the Unity server and then each Unity account accesses it that way rather than each Unity account looking into Outlook like it does for normal VM messages?

Is there any way to get the Unity broadcast message delivered to Outlook?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

tim.giles
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

You could set up a distribution list which would forward a message to everyone's e-mail account?

Follow this link for more information:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/administration/guide/ex/5xcusag240e.html

Please rate useful posts..

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

tim.giles
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

You could set up a distribution list which would forward a message to everyone's e-mail account?

Follow this link for more information:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/administration/guide/ex/5xcusag240e.html

Please rate useful posts..

Right on.

Thanks.

After reviewing the documentation a bit I see there is an All Subscribers public distribution list built into Unity by default.

I think a test broadcast message sent to this list/extension might work...unless it is the same list that the Unity broadcast messages are already going to?

In that case I will have to create a new list that mirrors the Unity accounts and test it out.

Further to the good information provided by Tim, as your Voicemail is Unified have you considered a simpler solution by configuring a shared exchange-mailbox?

For example create a shared mailbox for HelpDesk, import this account into Unity and assign it a unique DN, or create a routing rule if the DN is not a DID.

Once you have created the account in Unity, modify the messaging settings for MWI. Under the X, click Add and enter each HelpDesk agent DN in turn saving before you add the next.

Not only when message is dropped into the HelpDesk account, all the HelpDesk agents will receive MWI also. If the message is read MWI is turned off.

Rgds

Allan.

I sent a test message to the built in All Subscribers distribution list and it showed up in Outlook!

Nice!

just want to let everyone know that a broadcast message and a message to a DL are different.

BM is a message that goes to all subscribersn and that subscriber has to listen to it before they can listen to other messages.

Also I am pretty sure that MWI does not light with a straite BM. I have figuered out at workaround though as have others.

Randy

Here's the intricacies explained for a Broadcast Message and how it's different:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/administration/guide/dom/5xcusag230d.html#wp1047795

Brad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: