cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outside dial tone heared after 9+4 digits pressed

Gilberto Marcos
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys I am having problems with the outside dial tone in call manager 5.1.3.

I have seen other conversations that said that we should verify that all the route patterns that starts with nine should have the provide outside dial tone checked. I have already done that, but we still have the problem.

I am Including the route pattern that we are using.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Have you validated that every single one of these has "provide outside dialtone" checked?

Alos, perhaps you have translation patterns or other patterns such as XXXX?

Chris

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Check the Dial Plan, if you are getting dial tone after the 5 digit, you must have an extension somewhere that starts with 9 or something. Someone may have added a phone or translation patttern that is throwing off your RPs.

Search for all numbers that start with "9" in the dial plan report.

I have done that, but only the route patterns are the ones that start with nine.

That is a little bit strange.

Have you validated that every single one of these has "provide outside dialtone" checked?

Alos, perhaps you have translation patterns or other patterns such as XXXX?

Chris

check the unassigned DNs and do a search for any pattern containing X, if still no avail use DNA to find out possible matches

most of the times you have something with wildcards that does this, maybe something like [2-9] is in your system

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I just figured out why I was having this exact same problem. I had pickup groups that I had just created that started with the number 9, go figure! Changed them and now it's working again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: