Correct way to add International Route Pattern

Unanswered Question
Oct 15th, 2008

Hi all I'm trying to add a route pattern for international calls. I've seen examples of using 9.011!, 9.@ , 9.011!#. Not sure if any of these are correct for the diffrence. I'm using call manager 6.1.2.

thanks,

mike

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Chris Deren Wed, 10/15/2008 - 17:02

All of these are correct.

9.@ would work with International Route Filter applied

9.011! will work without route filter

9.011!# will allow the user to tner # after dialing the international number to elimiate the interdigit timout.

If you are not familiar with route filters, I would recommand adding both 9.011! and 9.011!#, so this way user can call with # or without.

HTH,

Chris

buchholr Wed, 10/15/2008 - 17:10

As with all things in the IT world, there is more than one way to do things.

The 9.011! and 9.011!# are examples of simple patterns that are usually used together. The second pattern allows the user to hit # to end the dial string without waiting for the interdigit timeout (don't forget to choose drop predot and trailing pound). I like these patterns for traditional international dialing.

The 9.@ pattern (or rather the @) is a macro that expands out into all valid patterns in the NANP. This is used in combination with Route filters to fine tune exactly what you want to match. I like to use this to match 10 digit international calls like Canada and the islands (Puerto Rico, Virgin, etc.)

Using both of these I like to create patterns to route that are in the International CSS using the 9.011! & 9.011!#. Then I create a route filter with all of the international area codes and use the 9.@ pattern to block these area codes from the Long distance CSS. I leave these block patterns out of the International CSS, so they can be matched by my normal 10 digit pattern.

Hope this helps,

Robert

carbonscoring Wed, 10/15/2008 - 19:52

Hi all, thanks for the advice. I would imagine if I create this route pattern and route filter I still will need to create the partition and Calling Search Space. Then I choose what partitions to add to my CSS such local calls and 911 partitions that already exist?

Thanks,

Mike

Chris Deren Wed, 10/15/2008 - 20:16

Yes, running everything in None parition and CSS is not advised as it will limit you big time. Basically same class of service rules apply.

HTH,

Chris

Actions

This Discussion