cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Correct way to add International Route Pattern

carbonscoring
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all I'm trying to add a route pattern for international calls. I've seen examples of using 9.011!, 9.@ , 9.011!#. Not sure if any of these are correct for the diffrence. I'm using call manager 6.1.2.

thanks,

mike

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

All of these are correct.

9.@ would work with International Route Filter applied

9.011! will work without route filter

9.011!# will allow the user to tner # after dialing the international number to elimiate the interdigit timout.

If you are not familiar with route filters, I would recommand adding both 9.011! and 9.011!#, so this way user can call with # or without.

HTH,

Chris

buchholr
Level 1
Level 1

As with all things in the IT world, there is more than one way to do things.

The 9.011! and 9.011!# are examples of simple patterns that are usually used together. The second pattern allows the user to hit # to end the dial string without waiting for the interdigit timeout (don't forget to choose drop predot and trailing pound). I like these patterns for traditional international dialing.

The 9.@ pattern (or rather the @) is a macro that expands out into all valid patterns in the NANP. This is used in combination with Route filters to fine tune exactly what you want to match. I like to use this to match 10 digit international calls like Canada and the islands (Puerto Rico, Virgin, etc.)

Using both of these I like to create patterns to route that are in the International CSS using the 9.011! & 9.011!#. Then I create a route filter with all of the international area codes and use the 9.@ pattern to block these area codes from the Long distance CSS. I leave these block patterns out of the International CSS, so they can be matched by my normal 10 digit pattern.

Hope this helps,

Robert

Hi all, thanks for the advice. I would imagine if I create this route pattern and route filter I still will need to create the partition and Calling Search Space. Then I choose what partitions to add to my CSS such local calls and 911 partitions that already exist?

Thanks,

Mike

Yes, running everything in None parition and CSS is not advised as it will limit you big time. Basically same class of service rules apply.

HTH,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: