Views
Helpful
Replies

PVM urgent issue, please help URGENTly

sumitsept3
Level 1
Level 1

Dear friends,

Please help me urgently, WE are using PVM , but unable to view reports in "Monitor" dashboard. It gives us error everytime.

"Failed to execute the Report"

Error description : Job Aborted

4 Replies 4

Farrukh Haroon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Make sure you are using a compatible version of Adobe. Also make sure you create a Data Source Group (DSG) before launching the report.

You can also enable traces to drill down the problem:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/performance_visibility_manager/1.0/troubleshooting/guide/trace.html

Regards

Farrukh

Hi Farrukh,

Nice to know you are a CCIE, and thanks for your reply, as none of the Cisco guys are themselves able to fix the problem or provide with a solution.

1 ) Yes, i am using a compatible version of Adobe.

2) yes , i have already created DSG before launching the report.

still the problem persist.

I have received a reply from Cisco :

Cisco saying : I've received confirmation from the Development that bug CSCsj82914 "PVM 1.0: Multiple Reporting failures (from demo, field-use)" has been fixed in PVM patch 1.0.2.3, which is currently downloadable from Cisco.com.

So you'll need to install PVM 1.0.2 first and follow-up by installing patch PVM 1.0.2.3. In order to obtain PVM 1.0.2 and 1.0.2.3 please refer to the links below:

1. www.cisco.com/go/pvm > "Download Evaluation Software" > PVM 1.0.2

2. www.cisco.com/go/pvm > "Download Software" > "Cisco Performance Visibility Manager 1.0 > "Latest Releases"

My Questions :

1 ) Why should we install evaluation version when we have paid for PVM 1.0

2) i have no idea how can i install PVM 1.0.2 , along with PVM patch 1.0.2.3. , after uninstalling last version.

I need all commands to perform this action, as we are not much familiar to linux systems.

Awaiting your quick response. Pls help

1) Because you could most probably install your license to it later, so your evaluation will become a genuine install. If Cisco is recommending, then they should help you with this.

2) The procedure seems simple and is mentioned here, just a few commands:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/performance_visibility_manager/1.0/release/notes/pvmnote.html

However you need to have the software running to apply the patch.

Regards

Farrukh

kamal_takodra
Level 1
Level 1

Did you get any answers to this as as I'm having the same problem in monitor and reports tab.....any help work arounds would be appreciated

KT

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: