cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2 digit site dial plan

rod.blackie
Level 1
Level 1

Chaps, I have 7 sites, all serviced via a centralised CM 4 cluster. Each site uses a 4 digit translation pattern where I add the full national dial code under the prefix digits section so that all calls are routed out via the local voip gateway over the pstn.

If I want to add two digit site access code how can I get CM to strip off the 2 digits before sending the national number to the voip gateway via the route patterns.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks in advance.

Rod

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ok, you can use digit manipulation and Prefix Digits in Route Pattern.

215601> 90123551+5601 > 5601

Make a RP > 21.5601

Under Called Party Transformations

Discard Digits> PreDot

Prefix Digits> 90123551

However please remember if you have any Digit Manipulation under your Route List that will take preference or RP. So it's your choice. This should send the PSTN 901235515601 as desired. Let me know if it worked.

Subhrojyoti

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

subhrojyoti_hp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Rod,

You can use Translation rule(CM)/Digit Manipulation in RP(CM)/voice translation rule on VGW. However if you could give an example of your dialing pattern it would be better.

Subhrojyoti

Hi,

Scenario - I am at the central site, and want to dial a remote site:

Currently I would dial the number 5601, This number is set up in CM as a translation pattern rule, under the translation pattern, called party transformations I have added the national numbner 90123551. This then routes the call out via our VOIP gateway to the PSTN which then routes the call to the remote site. At the remote site I have dial plans that strip off the national numbers apart from the last 4 digits.

Solutions - I would like to add a 2 digit site access code of 21 for this site, so that when I am at the central site I would call 215601 which would then route the call as above. I need to know how to strip off the 21 site access code before it is passed onto the local VOIP gateway.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks

Rod

Ok, you can use digit manipulation and Prefix Digits in Route Pattern.

215601> 90123551+5601 > 5601

Make a RP > 21.5601

Under Called Party Transformations

Discard Digits> PreDot

Prefix Digits> 90123551

However please remember if you have any Digit Manipulation under your Route List that will take preference or RP. So it's your choice. This should send the PSTN 901235515601 as desired. Let me know if it worked.

Subhrojyoti

Hi

I done what you said only on the translation pattern and it worked - Many Thanks

Rod

sorry Subhrojyoti i post it the same idea without reading urs :)

Hi, Following on from this question I have another questions....

I have resolved the issue of adding the 2 digit site code, however I am presented with another problem - If user looks up the corporate directory for a users, the corporate directory will show the 4 digit number, how would I be able to allow the user to press the dial button to phone so that the user can still make the call.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks

Rod

hi rob

looks like the case getting more complex :)

anyway

now u have users dial 21XXXX to get to the remote site

if the user press the dial butten they will dial XXXX

lets say the remote sit it 45XX

then make a translation pattren with pattren as 45XX

and make a prefix to the called number as 21

this way the number will be as 2145XX wil match the pattren u had already created start with 21

dont forget make sure the users have CSS let them access the translation pattren partion and the translation pattren also must has a CSS let it access the pattren u created that start with 21

good luck

if helpful Rate

Hi Thanks for your response,

Its that easy is it... I will try it out this weekend and let you know how I get on - many thanks for your help..

Rod

But that assumes that the enterprise is not overloaded, that they do not have two sites that use the 45XX range. If that is true, why would they need the 2-digit site code in the first place?

Is it possible to modify the phone number in the directory? That is the only way I can think of to make this extensible.

ok what i wouls uggest you is t use digit manpulation on route-group within route lists level

because u have more than one remote site u need to make the digit changes more thank once

first creat a translation pattren match a number like 21.56XX

then on this translation pattren do the following changes

discard pre dot to remove the 21

then prefix what ever number u want

then make a route pattren that match the end number with national number to route the call to the desired gateway

good luck

if helpful Rate

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: