Replies

problem installing cm 4.0.5

angelapreta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I'm installing cwcm4_0_5_sol on LMS 2.5.1 and I get this error:

"cat: cannot open /tmp/cscotmp/new.depend

ERROR(978): Fatal error: File /opt/CSCOpx/databases/rmeng/rmeng.db does not exist.

Backup failed: 2008/10/16 11:28:51

expr: syntax error

ERROR: needsMoreDiskSpace called with insufficient arguments."

On the test-server the installation runs without errors, but the network is smaller.

The rmeng.db exists und is 4G big

on the /opt partition where CW is installed there is still 27G free space

Can some one help

Thanks

8 Replies 8

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

A database > 2 GB should not be a problem if you have Common Services 3.0.3 or higher. What do you get when you run:

/opt/CSCOpx/bin/logrot_stat /opt/CSCOpx/databases/rmeng/rmeng.db

Hi

we have Common Services 3.0.4

the output is:

I know this is fixed in LMS 2.6. You might try skipping the Campus 4.0.5 update, and go straight to LMS 2.6. However, if you open a TAC service request, more analysis can be done of the code already on your system.

on an other server I have installed this update, after the error I continued the installation.

It works since yesterday, and all features: discovery, data collection, UT and the topology services are working at the moment fine.

What happens if he can't backup the rmeng.db during the installation?

Nothing if the installation goes well. The purpose of the backup is to give you something on which you can fallback if something goes wrong in the IDU installation. If the IDU is successfully installed, then you wouldn't need a backup.

That said, if your regularly scheduled backups are failing, that needs to be investigated. You should not be running without known good backups.

do you mean the backup from the application Common Service?

The backup last night was completed, have no error found in the dbbackup.log but when I check the backup I have found this /opt/CSCOpx/backup/1177/rmeng/database/rmeng.db with 2.5G size, is this correct?

Yes, I mean the Common Services backup. If the log indicates that the rmeng database was successfully backed up, then you are probably okay.

OK, Thanks a lot.

Then I will do the upgrade.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco