Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity connection sip trunk issues

s.forrest
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have an issue regarding a unity connection 2.1 - CUCM 6.1.2 sip integration. It seems to be a fundamental issue, so I'm wondering whether any have you have seen this before.

User 'A' who is an enrolled subscriber puts his / her phone on CFA to voicemail. When this user is called from another subscribers phone the caller hears 'please enter your password', rather then the intended personal recorded greeting.

I'm not sure whether this is an issue with information being / not being passed the configured sip trunk.

Thanks in advance

Steve

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Make sure you have the "Redirecting Diversion Header Delivery" checkbox(es) checked in your SIP trunk configuration on the CUCM.

-Eric

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The supported CUE integration with CUCM is still only via JTAPI. Aside from the signaling issues, the Intialization Wizard in CUE won't be able to understand what's happening.

Make sure you've got a CUCM license in CUE and use the JTAPI integration methond and things will be fine.

There is an effort to support this at some point in the future, but I really am not aware of specific details at this point.

Hi,

Thanks for your response, however it is not CUE we are using, it is Unity Connection. I don't suppose you have experience in this area do you?

Thanks again,

Steve

Make sure you have the "Redirecting Diversion Header Delivery" checkbox(es) checked in your SIP trunk configuration on the CUCM.

-Eric

Thank you, that has now resolved the issue! Any ideas why MWI is not being sent?

Thanks again,

Steve

For MWI did you check the "Accept Unsolicited Notification" box in CUCM's trunk config?

Sounds like you've missed a couple settings. You might want to take a second walk through the Config Guide...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6509/products_installation_and_configuration_guides_list.html

-Eric

Hi Eric,

Yes I have checked that box and I have been through the config guide a number of times. Any other ideas?

Steve

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: