CCNP

Unanswered Question
Oct 16th, 2008

I have my CCNA and have passed one NP test. I have one year left to take the remaining 3 tests. If i take the second NP test, will it renew my CCNA as well as the first test i took? Would i have an additional 3 years to finish CCNP? Or does my 3 years to get CCNP start with my first test?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 3 (2 ratings)
Chris Deren Thu, 10/16/2008 - 06:29

It will renew your CCNA, but it will not renew another CCNP level exam. If that exam expires before completing the certification you will have to take it again.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

babatunde_sanda Thu, 10/16/2008 - 18:58

Each time you take any professional level exam, it renews your ccna. The catch though is you must complete the track once you start within 3 years. Example your ccna is supposed to expire jan 2010. You pass bsci (one of the exams in the four ccnp track) in April 2009, your ccna recertifies for an additional 3 months. That means your new expiration date is April 2010. Now you must complete the remaining exam between April 2009 and April 2012.

Rate if this helps.

cowetacoit Fri, 10/17/2008 - 05:38

10-4

That's what i assumed. I got screwed up when i took my BCMSN exam in Dec of 06, just before they changed all of the NP tests. I had to wait over 6 months for updated study material!

Thanks!

tharsan86 Tue, 10/21/2008 - 08:38

After we take each exams in ccnp,ccna exam expiration date will automatically renew for next three years from that date

Actions

This Discussion