Bounce Profiles

Unanswered Question
Oct 16th, 2008

Hi all,
I am wanting to create a bounce profile for 2 particular email domains. (We have over 60 email domains).
The Mail server for these 2 domains will be offline for 4 days and I am wanting to change the bounce profile so it will not give up before 4 days have expired. I have seen how to change this on the default settings, and that I can add a bounce profile to a listener. However, I can't see where I can specify it for a particular domain (or two). Is this possible?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
kyerramr Thu, 10/16/2008 - 06:11

Hi Bogor,

If you want to use the bounce profile to delay the messages and continue trying for 4 days, setup a bounce profile with the configuration and apply this bounce profile to the destination domains using destination controls (Mail policies --> Destination Controls).

An alternate way to store these messages would be through quarantine. Create a new system quarantine like "Policy" and have the default action to retain messages for X days and then deliver.

Then create an incoming content filter with only an action to quarantine (new system quarantine). Apply this filter to a new Incoming policy with the recipients being the two domains in question.

Note: quarantine size is a limitation in this scenario and you will have to create additional space for your new quarantine by reducing the size for other system quarantines

This Discussion