cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CWLMS 3.0 Not able to install applications after patching another app.

expe_0626
Level 1
Level 1

I think a have this bug. I done the workaround but I can't fix the error at all.

bug : CSCsj94584:

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsj94584

follow the workaround carefully:

1. Modify the .info files for the patched modules under NMSROOT/setup and

set the value of PATCHVER in these files to their original value of 0.

cmf.info

cvw1.info

nmim.info

cdone.info

rme.info

cwa.info

portl.info

2. Install the new application on CiscoWorks Server.

3. Reset the values of PATCHVER to their original patched versions after the installation is complete.

I do the 3 steps, I modified all this files , but the file "nmim.info” doesen't exist.

Now when I put the installation DVD , this situation improved, only get the error with the CiscoView module.

Pleaseeee, can tell me whats wrong?

best regards!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You shouldn't set the PATCHVER in cvw1.info to 0. The LMS 3.0 CVW version is 6.1.6, so the PATCHVER should be 6. You really should contact the TAC, and have them help you with this as not to mess up your installation.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You shouldn't set the PATCHVER in cvw1.info to 0. The LMS 3.0 CVW version is 6.1.6, so the PATCHVER should be 6. You really should contact the TAC, and have them help you with this as not to mess up your installation.

I have to restart the server? or asign 6 to this file?

thanks!

best regards

You do not need to restart anything per se. The installation occurs with Daemon Manager shutdown anyway. It's just that the PATCHVER for CVW needs to be 6 for LMS 3.0.

Hi Jclarke!

Thanks very much. I can fix the problem, changeing the PATCHVER number. Thanks again!

best regards!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: