Helpful
Replies

Unable to clear port-security sticky

ece344609_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am using the command:

switchport port-security mac-address sticky to set port security.

On one of my IOS switch I am unable to clear the sticky MAC address using the command:

clear port-security sticky int fa 0/1.

Is there another way to achieve without having to upgrade IOS?

Thanks.

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

edunn
Level 1
Level 1

Yopu can do a show run for the port. The mac address show show up on the port. It should look like this: switchport port-security mac-address 0000.0000.0003. Just run a no switchport port-security mac-address 0000.0000.0003. That should do the trick.

View solution in original post

The command given by Earnest basically removes the previously set/seen mac-add in that switch port.

Your port security is still enabled though provided that you've this command "switchport port-security" in place.

The port security sticky option is still enabled if you have this command "switchport port-security mac-address sticky" in the switch port.

julieglass
Level 1
Level 1

simply put 'no' in front of that command

no switchport port-security mac-address sticky [mac-address]

it will clear the captured mac

5 Replies 5

edunn
Level 1
Level 1

Yopu can do a show run for the port. The mac address show show up on the port. It should look like this: switchport port-security mac-address 0000.0000.0003. Just run a no switchport port-security mac-address 0000.0000.0003. That should do the trick.

Thanks Ernest.

What exactly will that command do? I dont want to shut off port security, just wanted to clear the MAC address so the port does not shutdown when the next machine is plugged in.

The command given by Earnest basically removes the previously set/seen mac-add in that switch port.

Your port security is still enabled though provided that you've this command "switchport port-security" in place.

The port security sticky option is still enabled if you have this command "switchport port-security mac-address sticky" in the switch port.

julieglass
Level 1
Level 1

simply put 'no' in front of that command

no switchport port-security mac-address sticky [mac-address]

it will clear the captured mac

Thank you everyone for all the help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco