cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension Mobility

SELOMECIS
Level 1
Level 1

i configure extension mobility,anytime i go to the phoen and press the service botton i see the extension mobility there but when i select it is telling host not found,and i configure the redundancy for my callmanager too anytime i put the publisher off the phones go off.need help

15 Replies 15

First, replace all the hostname with publisher IP from Enterprise Parameters.

Second, check you IP phone whether it's locating for pub as 'active' and sub as 'standby' from Device Configurationn>CallManager Configuration.

HTH.

Also did you add all of your CUCM at System>Cisco Unified CallManager?

If you have added, make a group with one pub+one sub from System>Cisco Unified CallManager Groups.

Did you create any device pool? If yes, add that CallManager Group in the device pool.

Add your phone to that device pool from phone config.

Hope this help. Please rate if helpful.

I created one callmanager group and i added all the 2 callmanager to the same group.

yeah i've replaced all host with publisher ip addresses,and it replicate on the suscriber too,and the publisher ip is the primary on all the phones,any ideas

Hi,

I have just configured the EM on my CUCM, and found no problem, crosscheck with me please:

Go to System>Enterprise Parameters

Check the 'URL Service' entry under 'Phone URL Parameter'.

By default it is set like:

http://LABCUCM/CCMCIP/getservicesmenu.asp (assuming the hostname is LABCUCM)

And you have replaced the LABCUCM with IP like:

http://10.10.10.10/CCMCIP/getservicesmenu.asp

And also don't forget to reset your subscribed phone after changing this settings.

if you're using 6.1(2) and you're looking for EM resiliency you do need to use hostnames and perform the name resolution with your DNS server to choose secondary server if primary is not responding

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Thank u very much,the extension mobility is working now,i can log in but i can log out on the phone but in the callmanager i can do so and the backup i configired is still not working,anytime i restart the Publisher the phones too restart,any ideas.

That's listening great! Which change in settings made you working EM, please share.

Your second problem is not clear, is it related with EM? When your pub is down, can your phone find the sub?

ok,first my EM is working but i can not loggoff from the phone which is not right,i can login using my username and passworg and when i click the service botton again to loggoff i can see anything there,second i configure cluster but it si not working because when i restart the Publisher the phones to restart it' mean the Subscriber is not working,so i need help.

you're still lacking configuration, your device profile must be subscribed to EM to logout. it's all outlined in the EM config guide, please read the guides

HTH

java

HTH

java

About the second problem, your clustering is not configured properly.

1. Add both (pub+sub) of the CUCM at System>Cisco Unified CallManager Group

2. Select the same group at System>Device Pool

3. Add your phone at the same device pool from Phone Config

4. Reset all phones from device pool

4. Check at phone whether 'Primary TFTP Server' is publisher and 'Standby TFTP Server' is subscriber. If it is not, then clustering is not completed.

let me exlpain what i did,i name my callmanagers and i created the one groupe and i added the two callmanager to the same group and at the device pool creation i choose the name of the callmanager group i create,and at the phone end the ip address op the publisher is the primary and subscriber is the secondary,and still i dont know why if i restarted the publisher the phones to restart,any i deas.

Can you make sure the 'Cisco CallManager' service is up and running in the sub?

yes all the services are running in the Sub and Pub.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: