Views
Helpful
Replies

Bandwidth and access from one Vlan WAN

paulkilcoyne
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

to whom it concerns,I'm trying to set up a QoS policy whereby traffic coming from a certain Vlan is limited to 192k on the WAN interface of a 6509 SUP32. Also all traffic back to this Vlan should be blocked except for a defined list of IP addresses.

Can anyone help with the code here please or just give a rough idea of how to implement this????

Many thanks,

Paul

4 Replies 4

paulkilcoyne
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Paul,

Have you tryed searching for QOS on this site.

Lots of info available ...

It looks like you want to do some bandwith control too. I can help if you give me details on the type wan interfaces. Also what IOS code are you running.

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Paul-

I would filter the allowed IPs with an ACL, pretty straight forward there. The QoS may be a beast. Are there other subnets using the application? Do you have QoS on the WAN already? Are you looking to shape or drop the traffic? Is the application susceptible to latency?

Collin,

thanks for the reply. Basically we have one Vlan set aside for Video conferencing, these devices connect via IP over the WAN up-link a LAN connected 7200 Router. We'd like to be able to restrict the bandwidth used by the Video Conferencing to 192k. We'd like to implement this on the 6509 gi 1/48 port which connects to the Router.

Thanks,

Paul

Paul-

Is the VC set to use LAN speed? On most you can set the max speed (ie 192K). Depending on the linecard you may/may not be able to police/shape. A great document is the SRND for QoS. Here's a link to it.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/solutions/Enterprise/WAN_and_MAN/QoS_SRND/QoS-SRND-Book.html

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card