cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HTML Disclaimer

angfeglandagan
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone here already configured the ff: disclaimer?

1.) If an email (outlook) is sent and is being detected to have an HTML format an HTML disclaimer will be used defined on my content filter

I dont have problems with TEXT Disclaimer...

im just not happy why HTML tagging is not working.

aNY tips guys?

10 Replies 10

Douglas Hardison
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Kira,

At the moment, IronPort does not officially support HTML footers. This is noted in the KnowledgeBase.

That being said, I think if you do a search on ironportnation.com for 'html footer' you'll find some interesting workarounds.

angfeglandagan
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks ardison, im still searchin for it...but till now i dont have any idea..how to make it work..

angfeglandagan
Level 1
Level 1

This is my Sample HTML Disclaimer

The information transmitted through this mail is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.

Any review, retransmission, disclosure, dissemination
or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon,
this information by persons or entities other than the
intended recipient is prohibited.
Please notify the sender, $From, immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.

Company, Inc.
http://www.company.com.ph

Please let me know if you have any working HTML Disclaimer..thank you

jmonrad
Level 1
Level 1

This is my Sample HTML Disclaimer

The information transmitted through this mail is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.

Any review, retransmission, disclosure, dissemination
or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon,
this information by persons or entities other than the
intended recipient is prohibited.
Please notify the sender, $From, immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.

Company, Inc.
http://www.company.com.ph

Please let me know if you have any working HTML Disclaimer..thank you

Hi Kira,

Here is a working one i did, i have also made a content filter where i detect if it is a plaintext mailer client or a html client sending out e-mail, so users will be able to read it.

the most important thing when it comes to html disclaimers is to start the code with .. see my disclaimer below.

--

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This email is intended only for the addressees and may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified
that any copying, distribution or use of the information contained in this e-mail and its attachments, if any, is not allowed. Views expressed are those of the use

rouben_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

This is completely off the wall and off-topic, but do these notices hold up in court? I'm asking because to me they seem completely pointless like the equivalent of sending a postcard and adding a P.S. at the bottom asking the postman not to read the postcard... :roll:

Now to contribute something useful to this conversation... I think in order to add these notices, you will first have to determine whether the original is any of the following:
[list=a:f9f9d8ba3d]
[*:f9f9d8ba3d]Digitally signed and/or encrypted (forget about adding the footer, you will cause the signature to break)
[*:f9f9d8ba3d]Is the message text in HTML format to begin with?
[*:f9f9d8ba3d]Is the message text in plain text format to begin with?
[/list:o:f9f9d8ba3d]
Assuming that option (a) isn't the case (see this discussion for more info), then as jmonrad mentioned, you will simply have to determine whether or not the message body is plain text (MIME type text/plain) or HTML (MIME type text/html) and add either an HTML or plain text footer accordingly. Any other way you risk making the footer look horribly unprofessional.

angfeglandagan
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the reply guys... i managed to do basic html and created a filter on both text and html bodies of emails..

ive tested it to be working just perfectly fine..

more power

angfeglandagan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

Kindly evaluate the error i got from my html disclaimer when doing a reply...

receiving is ok...

reply is not ok...it shows an unwanted character ..

im having a link so you could evaluate..

thank you

kira

http://img262.imageshack.us/my.php?image=htmldisclaimerdk4.jpg

jmonrad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

Kindly evaluate the error i got from my html disclaimer when doing a reply...

receiving is ok...

reply is not ok...it shows an unwanted character ..

im having a link so you could evaluate..

thank you

kira

http://img262.imageshack.us/my.php?image=htmldisclaimerdk4.jpg

Hi Kira,

Do you want the disclaimer to be added again if it is in the mail already or?

Is it when you reply to an e-mail ?
Have you remembered the
 tag mentioned earlier?

angfeglandagan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi jmonrad,

Im not sure if it should be this way...

Does a disclaimer should appear once in the email? then when i click reply
and a disclaimer was detected on the body of the email it shouldnt stamp it

How do i do it ..disclaimer should appear once on the email

Or is this a logical practice? since if every emails , reply or forward contains a disclaimer, messages on the body are filled with disclaimers..right ?

need your thoughts..

kira

jmonrad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi jmonrad,

Im not sure if it should be this way...

Does a disclaimer should appear once in the email? then when i click reply
and a disclaimer was detected on the body of the email it shouldnt stamp it

How do i do it ..disclaimer should appear once on the email

Or is this a logical practice? since if every emails , reply or forward contains a disclaimer, messages on the body are filled with disclaimers..right ?

need your thoughts..

kira

Hi Kira,

Best thing you can do is either to create a content filter to detect certain text in the body or you can add an header to the mails that gets stamped with a disclaimer.

So in an example you could in the dislaimer content filter also include to add an header like x-header html_disclaimer .. and then you can look for that specific header when you reply to e-mail. So if the header does not exist include html disclaimer, if the header exist, do not include the header.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: