cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I block a specific IB call to a specific DID

rcrumm_2
Level 2
Level 2

can i just configure CCM 4.1.3 or the GW(h.323)

Thanks,

Randall

7 Replies 7

Setting up a dial-peer on the GW should do the trick.

david

To clarify, you want to block inbound calls from the PSTN to a particular extension internally. Correct?

A couple ways to do this. If this is going to allpy to a large number of extensions, it would be best to put these extensions in a seperate partition that the PSTN gateway's CSS does not have access to. For a single one off, you can define a Route Pattern that specifies the number, configure it to 'Do Not Route' and make sure that it is in a partition that the gateway's CSS prefers. This would be rather rude to any inbound callers however. A more graceful way to handle it would be the create a Translation Pattern instead, and translate that called number into the main number or to a receptionist.

So I just put the calling number in the route pattern field, configure partition, CSS, GW, and click block this pattern?

Thansk,

RC

Hello RC,

Are you trying to block just one inbound number from calling a DID, or all inbound calls from PSTN to a specific DID? If you just want to block 1 number from coming in, and you are using H323, you can just make a translation profile and apply to the voice port. (Im assuming you are using PRI here).

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 reject /xxxxxxxxxx/

voice translation-profile reject

translate calling 1

voice-port x/x/x:23

translation-profile incoming reject

Hope that helped.

one IB number to one DID only.

Thanks,

Randall

OK...instead of applying to the voice-port, make an explicit dial peer with the destination pattern of the extension of which you are trying to block the incoming call, and apply the translation profile to the dial peer.

Hope that helped.

i agree with Kenneth idea

but i think u need to make dialpeer on the incomeing called number put the DID number

and on this dial-peer apply the translation profile with reject

hope this helpful

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: