cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager 4.2(3) Database replication and subscriptions

jimlozano
Level 1
Level 1

I created a lab to simulate our production Call Manager 4.2(3)environment using identical OS, server names, IP adresses, and service packs. I then restored a production backup to the Lab Publisher. It looks like there are SQL issues that are preventing database replication. How can I check the integrity of SQL config and subscriptions? Any help appreciated.

Jim.

7 Replies 7

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

There is a Cisco Utility called dblhelper which you can use in order to assist you and help diagnose whether you have SQL replication issues. It is located in the c:\program files\cisco\bin directory.

Take a look at the following URL for further information guide:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00801e7ddf.shtml

A common problem is name resolution, check your lmhosts file on all servers in the cluster and ensure each is able to resolve each hostname.

The DBLHelper tool will also check for this too.

Allan.

Pls rate helpful posts...

Thank you very much for your reply. I did search for the DBLHelper.exe in C:\program files\cisco\bin, however the file was not there, so I grabed it from our production publisher and copied it to the lab publisher. Can I do this or does it require an installation file? I'm not sure why the lab publisher didn't have it.

Thanks again.

david-lima
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Jim, if there is a database replication problem, check the replication monitor in the the path start-programs-MS SQL server-enterprise manager on the Publisher or use the DBLHelper.exe file located in C:/program Files/cisco/bin/DBLHelper.exe to check the SQL replication status.

Hope this help

David

Thanks David,

I took a look at the Replication Monitor and there are some Alerts. I will look them up by the error numbers. Is there anything else in monitor I should look at specifically?

I appreciate your help.

Jim

The DBLHelper is simply an executable, you can copy it from your production server and launch on your test build server.

Rgds

Allan.

Allan,

That's good to know. Since I restored the production Call Manager backup to the lab there would be reference to all six servers in our prod cluster, however I only setup the publisher and two subscibers in the lab. The off thing is that DBLHelper is showing green hapy faces and good connections for all six servers in the SQLReplication window. The Name resolution window accurately indicates red sad faces for the three servers that are not present in the lab cluster. Also, the Republish and Reinitialize buttons are not active. Any ideas on what these circumstances may indicate?

Thanks.

Allan,

Disgrgard my last. I left DBLHelper open for a few minutes and the info in the SQLReplicatoin window updated and is more accurately reflecting the state of the lab. I'm showing healthy connections on the servers that are present.

jim

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: