cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Failure installation ccm 4.2(3)

shair77tau
Level 1
Level 1

Hi installed os image 2000.4.5bSR8 in MCS-7845-H2 with success. But when I tried install callmanager 4.2(3). I got an Error Message

"Failure occured trying to determine if Cisco Directory install succeeded. Aborting Cisco CallManager install."

Press OK

System Rolls Back - then offers me the Click FINISH to exit the CCM Wizard

I am then give the following error

" msiexec.exe: Error: 1603: Fatal error during installation "

Can anyone plz give me any good ideas to figure this out....?

5 Replies 5

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi!

On the publisher check to see if the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cisco Systems, Inc.\Directory Configuration\ DCDMGRPW

has the following value:

0c0a000a2c101c1a100354615c

If it does not please open a DOS command prompt and type "PasswordUtils ciscocisco123" to generate an encrypted password for "ciscocisco123" (the encrypted password will be 0c0a000a2c101c1a100354615c). Then paste it into the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cisco Systems, Inc.\Directory Configuration\ DCDMGRPW

and try again!

HTH, if it does please rate!

Tere.

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

Thanks for your quick reply. not found Directory Configuration\ DCDMGRPW

in the Cisco system Inc.

The new ccm is a subscriber

Thanks anyway

Hmm yeah sorry I thought it was an upgrade. Have you tried to reload the server and run the installation again?

Couple of things to check are:

1. Make sure the SUB has connectivity to the PUB, issue a ping command for that.

2. Update the hosts and Lmhosts files on the Publisher and the Subscriber servers located on the c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc folder. Open the files in a notepad and edit the contents.

Once this is done please re-run the installation.

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

Thanks again but we have the same error with 3 subscriber to add in the cluster. We can ping hostname and ip address between PUB and SUB.

are you installing the exact same version on the SUBs as the one you got on the PUB???

is DC running on the PUB?? try restarting it

that used to be a common issue on 3.3(3) and 3.3(4) but not in your version. have you changed the built-in admin account to something other than Administrator?? if so put it back and try to install it again

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: