cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Installation of Unity 5 without an Exchange

egads1973
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to build new CUCM system. This ia a complete stand alone without a MS Exchange. Looking for some assistance from anyhone that may have done this previously.

19 Replies 19

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

CUCM does not need exchange, Unity does need a mailstore. Either MS Exchange or Domino.

You simply can not do what you want I think.

Randy

Thx, so I need an Exchange server installed with virtually nothing except accounts with access...

Echange is where the messages are stored (for vm only and for Unified Messeging.) so yes you do need Exchange.

What version of Unity and Exchange are you planning on using?

I will help you out with the right installation documentation.

Randy

Can you point to in the right direction for documentation?

Then what is the purpose of the MAILSTORE cd provided with Unity? Shouldn't all voice mail live on my Unity server or going to the Exch server?

the mailstore cd is exchange

Randy

is it 2000, 2003 or 2007

CUCM 6.1, IPCC 5.0, Unity 5.1, Exch 2003? Didn't realize Exch was a requirement and neither did contractor...

Just confused because my site is running older version and don't remember the contractors building Exch box, can everything go on Unity server or seperate server with Exch only

Re-reading, if MAILSTORE is Exch, how do I get past the assistant to load Unity is Exchange if not loaded?

that is why I asked the versions. depending on the version and config is how exchange is installed.

the whole version or tools only

Randy

Remoted into my system in Florida and Exch is on Unity Server for VM only. Want to install similar, simple setup. Basicaly have CUCM (Pub and Sub) installed, IPCC, Unity servers OS installed. IPCC is for 35 agents currently, but learned of plans for expanding in the future. Maybe seperate customers. And thanks for your inputs...

Right now - no Exchange, if I install the Message Store disk, will this install the Exchange and, after configurations, allow Unity to continue and install?

yes but there are issues

not sure if exchange full versoin is supported for Unity 5.01 on box. Need to check it out.

You might need to install Exchange off box and insall exchange tools only on the Unity box. I will send a link in a minute.

Randy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: