cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue with Mobility and Caller ID

kgroves42
Level 3
Level 3

I am having an issue with Caller ID showing properly on the Cell Phone I have associated in Mobility. If I call from an internal extension to a mobility extension I have the transformation patterns set up for the proper Caller ID and everything works great. However if an outside caller calls the Mobility DID it shows up on the Cell phone with the main number of the company instead of the Persons who called Caller ID. I have run debug ISDN q931 and I see the correct caller ID (the person who called) being sent to the provider, but that is not what is showing up on the cell phone. The Gateway is running h323, other offices are running MGCP and they seem to work fine. (we can't switch to mgcp on this gateway). However when the call comes in on the PRI I do get this error

Ux_BadMsg: Invalid Message for call state 7

I think that has something to do with Caller Name that we are not setup for on our h323 gateway, so I am not sure if it is related to the issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ken

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It's most likely the carrier setting the caller ID to the BTN, you will need to work with them to allow you to pass the caller ID.

Chris

Sascha Monteiro
Level 6
Level 6

can you show the q931 debug?

is the redirecting party field there too?

I believe the redirecting party needs to match your client's ID, otherwise the calling party id can be discarded. (imagine you could send ANY ID as calling aprty ;-o )

I think you are correct, the carrier is not allowing me to change the Caller ID to a number that is not in my block of DID's. What is the feature called to allow that? Because this works at other branches just not at one branch that uses verizon as the carrier.

Thanks

Ken

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: