Views
Helpful
Replies

Balde server

sateeshk10
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have blade server with nortel switch. Now i want to connect to core switches(6500) and i want to configure etherchannel also between bladeserver uplink ports.

pls let me know any special configuration(lacp etc) in etherchannel or normal config is ok for above mentioned equipment.

6 Replies 6

Istvan_Rabai
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Sateesh,

Of course you need to configure LACP which is standards based and should provide compatibility between Cisco and Nortel switches.

The simplest config on a Cisco switch is like this:

interface range gig1/1 - 4

channel-protocol lacp

channel-group 1 mode active

I can't advise you on the Nortel switch configuration.

Cheers:

Istvan

Hi,

There is one forum abt blade server and nortel switch, In that they have mentioned LACP wont support for nortel switches.. pls go trgh below mentioned thread and suggest me..

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Network%20Infrastructure&topic=LAN%2C%20Switching%20and%20Routing&topicID=.ee71a04&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.2cbfe6fa

Regards

sateesh

Hi Sateesh,

If you read that thread carefully, it was exactly me advising someone to use LACP between a Nortel switch and a Cisco switch.

Finally it got working.

I encourage you to use my configuration examples from that post to get your Etherchannel working.

Cheers:

Istvan

Hi,

Thanks for your immediate response and info...

Regards

sateesh

Hi,

I am going to enable RPVST in my core switches and what type of STP need to enable in my nortel switch.

As i am connecting bladeserver(with nortel sw) to two core switches. How we will take care of STP.

Regards

sateesh

Hi Sateesh,

I don't know the Nortel switches so I can't advise you on that.

You should look into the documentation. I believe the common spannnig-tree (CST) which is a standard will do its job.

Cheers:

Istvan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: