cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Rogue reporting in WCS

david-flores
Level 1
Level 1

Can anybody tell me what the difference is between the following 2 default Security reports:

Rogue APs

Rouge APs Event

WE run both of these nightly, but the Rogue APs Event report usually is about 20 pages or so, and the information there has way more than what I see when I compare to my controller. The Rogue APs report usually matches what I see on my controller regarding current rogues. Does the Rogue APs Event report just detail everything that the access points have seen in the reporting time period? Some clarification on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

1 Reply 1

amritpatek
Level 6
Level 6

Rogues Detected by APs Report displays information about specific rogue access points detected on the network, rather than having to look into each rogue alarm and manually assemble a list. The data that is returned includes but is not limited to the following: the name of the detecting access point, the MAC address of the rogue, and the location of the rogue.

and Security Summary Report shows the number of association failures, rogues access points, ad hocs, and access point connections or disconnections over one month.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card