Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Obtaining senderbase scores via CLI tool

Is there a command within the CLI tool you can run to display the senderbase score for a particular domain?

When i view message details within the tool i can see it does give the actual senders score when a particular mail came in, but i'd prefer to be able to just query a senders domain. Can somebody let me know if this is possible please, and if so what is the command?

Kind regards

Simon

2 Replies 2

kluu_ironport
Level 2
Level 2

You can indirectly obtain the SBRS score of the connecting sender from the CLI or the GUI:

1. Use trace tool CLI->trace
2. GUI->System Administration->trace

The lookup is ultimately against the connecting IP address, so you're going to need to obtain that. Below is an example of what it looks like from the CLI. In the example, below, the IP of 209.85.217.20 has a SBRS score of 5.6

mail3.example.com> trace

Enter the source IP:
[]> 209.85.217.20

Enter the fully qualified domain name of the source IP (If left null, a reverse DNS lookup will be performed on the source IP):
[]> mail-gx0-f20.google.com

Select the listener to trace behavior on:
1. InboundMail
[1]>

Fetching default SenderBase values...
Enter the SenderBase Network Owner ID of the source IP. The actual ID is 188995.
[N/A]>

Enter the SenderBase Reputation Score of the source IP. The actual score is 5.6.
[N/A]>

Enter the Envelope Sender address:
[]> test@gmail.com

Enter the Envelope Recipient addresses. Separate multiple addresses by commas.
[]> user@ironport.com

Is there a command within the CLI tool you can run to display the senderbase score for a particular domain?

When i view message details within the tool i can see it does give the actual senders score when a particular mail came in, but i'd prefer to be able to just query a senders domain. Can somebody let me know if this is possible please, and if so what is the command?

Kind regards

Simon

thanks Kluu, exactly what i needed, works perfectly and has come in very handy

Simon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: