cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

iPhone - Fring - SIP Client

nds-frank
Level 1
Level 1

Alright I've been messing with this for an hour now and can't get it to work, need some more help. I only have three fields on the Fring client for SIP Provider on the iPhone.

Username: (myuser)

Password: (12345)

Proxy: (CM-IP Address/CM DNS NAME)

Every time I try it gives me immediate authentication errors. I can make this work fine on the X-Lite SIP client but the X-Lite asks for a Authorization username and also can talk direct and you don't have to specify a proxy.

Anyone have any ideas?

8 Replies 8

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi!

Not sure if you have tried getting a trace file, but probably you are getting a

"No instance ID or digest-auth" or a "Digest authentication failure". I would try to match your user ID with your DN and register it as Basic 3rd party SIP phone.

HTH, if it does please rate.

Tere :)

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

Frank did you happen to get this working? I am trying the same - X-Lite works, but fring is giving me a User ID or password is incorrect.

I may have to attempt to do an OTA sniff.

I did not after many attempts so I just gave up for now. I am waiting for someone else to release another SIP client for the iPhone but haven't seen anything come through yet... I thought that would have been one of the first apps for it by someone or even by IPBlue.

Frank

I know there are jailbroken options but I simply won't go there.

I think the issue with Fring has something to do with the fact it proxies part of the reg data, so it won't work for internal systems. If your CUCM was open to the outside - it might work, but I am not willing to expose it.

Agreed on both cases. Hopefully someone will release another legitimate app soon.

Thanks,

Frank

Hi

If you find a solution, please let me know we have iphones and we face the same problem

Regards

Philippe31@gmail.com

Look at this:

http://www.fring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8192')">http://www.fring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8192

Fring seems to work very weird.

Seems that justincohen is right

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: