cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 5 - weird issue

singh-ashok
Level 1
Level 1

I am facing an issue with Unity 5 ( Voice Mail only setup) where a newly created subscriber is not able to record a greeting. On the Subsrciber - > Greetings page I see the option "Allow caller input during Greeting unchecked. I check & save it, but again it reverts back to the same config. Weird thing is in the default COS setting, this option is checked & all other accounts are working fine. Only those accounts which are being newly created is facing this. Deleting & recreating the new accounts is not helping matters.

15 Replies 15

tim.giles
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

How is the default subscriber template configured (are they set for self enrolement etc.)?

Also, what happens when they try and record a greeting?

Caller input shouldn't have anything to do with this...

Tim,

Yes, "Self Enrolment" is checked in the default template.

According to the user what happens is this ( after entering VM password & entering the system -

"After this authentification, in a second step, the voicemail request to change the name and surname followed by the # key. From that moment a voice message indicates, it is not possible to customize the answering voice mail or update some parameters.

- “The system is unable to process your call at this time. Please remember, or call back later.”

Ok, so when they do self enrolement they should go through the following steps:

1) Recorded name

2) Personal greeting

3) Directory Assistance etc.

So they are failing after step 1...sounds like one of the failsafe messages is being played. Like you said, as long as the Class of Service is configured to allow them to do so, they should be able to amend this.

Do you see anything in the event logs or any errors in the trace files; also, are all the services started (sorry, I know this is basic stuff but I need to ask)?

Sorry, can you also include what Unity version you are working on?

No eventvwr is not showing anything unusual. All services are started ( do you have any particular service in mind ?)

We are working on Unity 5.

No, nothing in particular, I just wanted to make sure all the core services were started.

I know it's a basic one but the only recommendation I can make at the moment is to re-boot the server (unless you've tried this already).

I can't find any relevant bugs for this either...I'll keep on looking though!

Tim,

All core services have been started. Rebooting the server is not an option & I have not even tried it.

Thanks,

Ashok.

Ashok,

Unfortunately I can't find any bugs!

This is certainly some sort of failsafe message but I can't tell you what problem it relates to.

If you don't want to re-boot the server you could always try some of the other Unity/Microsoft utilities (DatabaseExplorer, SQL Enterprise Manager etc.) to make sure the database has the correct results.

It sounds more like an underlying database issue in Unity than anything else (I can't be sure though).

I would definitely recommend the re-boot (out of hours if necessary), or speak to TAC.

Maybe someone else on the forum has seen this before and can help...let me know if you manage to fix it?

Tim,

It's an odd coincidence that you are suspecting a database issue. Because the logs are flooded with this message -

Error: 1105, Severity: 17, State: 2

Could not allocate space for object 'EVENTS' in database 'ReportDb' because the 'PRIMARY' filegroup is full.

Initially I thought that this had nothing to do with the issue. But now it seems something otherwise...

Ashok,

Ok, have you checked the data files and transaction logs for the ReportDB database to make sure they are ok?

Has the partition run out of disk space?

Here is some information on shrinking the database size if you need it:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_configuration_example09186a008075ba49.shtml

It goes without saying that things like these are best done out of hours.

This bug looks extremely relevant to your problem as well. You could try installing the latest ES (engineering special):

CSCsm97318 Bug Details

ReportDb_log.ldf or TempLog.ldf fill disk, may cause failsafe.

Symptom:

ReportDb_log.ldf or TempLog.ldf fill disk, may cause failsafe.

Conditions:

Existing maintenance jobs do not truncate the log file and do not handle TempDb.

This problem may occur in Unity 5.0(1) and earlier.

The issue is fixed in Unity 7.0(2) and later.

Workaround:

In the "SqlWeeklyBackupJob", add the following commands as the first command for the "ShrinkUnityDb" and "ShrinkReportDb" steps respectively:

backup log UnityDb with truncate_only

and

backup log ReportDb with truncate_only

In the "SqlWeeklyBackupJob", add a new step "ShrinkTempDb" with the following two commands:

backup log tempdb with truncate_only

dbcc shrinkdatabase(tempdb)

1st Found-In:

4.2(1)

5.0(1)

Fixed-In:

7.0(0.180)

4.2(1.0)ES150

5.0(1.0)ES48

5.0(1.0)ES50

5.0(1.0)ES51

5.0(1.0)ES52

5.0(1.0)ES53

5.0(1.0)ES55

5.0(1.0)ES56

5.0(1.0)ES57

Tim,

Think this might be it. I am currently trying to figure out the Report DB database.

Regards,

Ashok.

Tim,

Think this might be it. I am currently trying to figure out the Report DB database.

Regards,

Ashok.

Tim,

I have no idea how to check the data files & transaction logs for Report DB database.

The partition has more than 3 Gig of free space. Actually the C: partition was completely full a few days back because of SQL logs, but we moved them to another partition. But this issue was reported before this activity & I thought that freeing up disk space would have fixed this. But apparently it has not.

Regards,

Ashok..

You will need to into SQL Enterprise Manager (START > Programs > Microsoft SQL Server > SQL Enterprise Manager).

Open up the databases and find the reportDB. Right click on this and go into the properties. You'll find the tabs for transaction logs and data files.

Check the locations for these to make sure the file sizes are ok.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: