cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple VPN profile to same destination

Anand Narayana
Level 6
Level 6

I wanted to have a automatic switchover of vpn when one my ISP fails. Currently I have 2 ISP's, only one ISP's IP address is configured on cisco pix outside interface which is connected to the remote peer L2L. now if this ISP fails, I will be manually configuring the IP address of 2nd ISP & will me the vpn tunnel up & running, which means on my remote peer vpn device, I have configured 2 vpn profiles to connect my cisco pix, but only one vpn will be active which is based on the ip address I configured on the cisco pix outside interface. Is there any configuration which will allow me to do this automatic switch over?

2 Replies 2

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Anand

If I am understanding correctly your explanation then the solution is that on the remote peer you should not have two profiles but should have a single profile and in that profile there should be 2 peer statements. The remote peer will initiate a session with the first peer and if that peer fails the remote will initiate a session with the second peer.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thanks for the information, but in that case, do I need to configure the other ISP address on the outside interface isn't?