cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3745 problem

is66rlhntadm
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 3745 that crashed (it came back up but it looks like its only seeing one of its two AIMs

I have the crashinfo file it created if that might help

it has 2 aim-vpn/hpII's

5 Replies 5

is66rlhntadm
Level 1
Level 1

any help would be welcomed

it crashed while I was correcting the config (just swapped it into the place of a 2651 and was turning on interfaces I had shutdown and ensureing proper config)

can someone offer assistance

since the aim1 light has been amber I figured it might be the problem so I swaped it for another one

but the light is still amber

is there something I need to do to enable it or something?

Mark Yeates
Level 7
Level 7

Richard,

Looking at your crash file this is the log error that caused the crash.

%ALIGN-1-FATAL: Illegal access to a low address 19:02:20 -0500 Thu Oct 16 2008

addr=0x8, pc=0x63531608 , ra=0x635315F4 , sp=0x68936BE8

%ALIGN-1-FATAL: Illegal access to a low address 19:02:21 -0500 Thu Oct 16 2008

addr=0x8, pc=0x63531608 , ra=0x635315F4 , sp=0x68936BE8

Here is the output from the Error Message Decoder:

%ALIGN-1-FATAL: Illegal access to a low address

An alignment error has occurred. Alignment errors are caused by misaligned reads and writes. For example, a two-byte read of a memory address that is not a multiple of two bytes is an alignment error. Alignment errors are c aused by internal software failures. The system will be reloaded, often with a bus error.

Recommended Action: This message is caused by a software failure. To take advantage of recent fixes, upgrade your system to the latest Cisco IOS software release in your release train. If this message recurs, copy the error message text exactly as it appears on the console or in the system log, enter the show log, show alignment and show tech-support commands, contact your Cisco technical support representative, and provide the representative with the gathered information.

HTH,

Mark

Thank

so it sounds like an IOS issue

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco