Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.6 backup error

rgomes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

My customer got error in the LMS backup. Attached are the error window and the contents of dbbakup.log.

Any help is appreciated

10 Replies 10

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It looks like you're running into a known problem with Cygwin. What do you have under the registry key, "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Cygnus Solutions/Cygwin/mounts v2"?

See attached file.

You need to uninstall OpenSSH from this server. This bug, CSCsc69299, is fixed in LMS 3.1.

Thanks Clarke

So the solution is to remove OpenSSH or remove the cygwin software, or remove its ...mount v2/"/" from the registry.

None of them, OpenSSH or cygwin are part of the LMS 2.6 distribution, right?

The best thing to do is remove other Cygwin software. It is correct, that OpenSSH is not part of LMS, nor is it required for LMS to work.

OK, OpenSSH is not part of LMS 2.6.

But you said "other cygwin software" is there

a cygwin software that is part of the LMS 2.6 and should not be removed?

The Workaround on the CSCsc69299 don't say to remove the cygwin software, but only deleting a certain key.

I will advise the customer to remove the OpenSSH at best. Do you know about other SSH client that make no harm to the LMS 2.6?

The problem with just modifying the key is that it will come back when the Cygwin software is used. Additionally, multiple cygwin1.dll files can cause problems with the LMS backup. Therefore, it is safer to remove non-LMS Cygwin software.

Prior to LMS 3.1, we used a Cygwin version of GNU tar to perform backups (NMSROOT\bin\tar.exe). In LMS 3.1, we switched to using a Windows native BSD tar.

So there is a cygwin software include on the LMS 2.6 distribution?

If the above is Yes the customewr should have also installed other cygwin software.

I think the cygwin embbeded on LMS 2.6 should cause no harm alone.

Yes, NMSROOT\bin\tar.exe is a Cygwin executable. NOTHING under NMSROOT should be touched. All other instances of Cygwin software should be removed.

I underestood about the cygwin tar.I dont know but probably the OpenSSH should be part of some other cygwin package.

I will talk with the customer and investigate what exactaly was installed on the server.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco